Friday, November 27, 2009

Internet Explorer issue?

Ok, I have a laptop. It's an Acer Travelmate and my problem is really weird, I mean, it's never happened to me in the 8 years I've lived with a computer. My laptop runs really well and doesn't seem to have any type of spyware problem. However, for the past day, my internet explorer homepage, basicaly as soon as I double click "internet explorer" and the page comes up, it either freezes or loads all the way and then I get an error report message and the page closes taking me back to my desktop. Doesn't anyone know what I should do or what the problem is?



Thank you.



Internet Explorer issue?windows 2000



Download a free copy of Firefox with the google toolbar here - http://www.kahmer.com



Internet Explorer issue?internet explorer internet explorer



i have no idea what causes this problem, but i do suggest that you download firefox. it works sooo much better. i love it. i wouldn't dream of going back to ie. firefox is also so much safer than internet explorer. you can download it here: www.mozilla.com
try to scan for viruses or maybe you need to reformat your laptop.



hope it helps.
call Microsoft they were very helpfull
You might go to Start-Settings-Control Panel, Internet Options, and change your start page to something simple like http://www.yahoo.com or http://www.google.com and see if that fixes it.



POST NOTE: I agree with the first answerer in my use of Firefox. I use it on my Mac, Linux and Windows machines all.
I don't know what that problem would be. I would suggest you go to the windows update page and check for updates under custom then download and install internet explorer 7 and then install it and maybe the problem will go away but that is only if it doesn't freeze up on you.
I am not sure whats wrong with ur pc.



But this will surely work



Go to control panel, add and remove programmes%26gt;add/remoce windows component%26gt; remove internet explorer.



once done restart ur pc



and follow the same path and reinstall the internetexplorer



no need to download teh firefox if ur fine with IE
can you be more specific as to what the error message is?



but like previous posters, I also advise you to download firefox



Internet explorer is very vulnerable to spyware and malwares coming from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++