Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My internet explorer loads insanely slow, what can i do to speed it up?

I usually encounter this problem with my explorer after my computer is awakened from standby. I have defragmented my c drive, deleted my cookies and temp internet files and still, my IE loads so slow I get an ERROR NOT RESPONDING message. I usually have to cnt, alt, delete and bring me to task manager to undo the program and start over, which does work, but is very annoying. Does anybody have any other suggestions?



My internet explorer loads insanely slow, what can i do to speed it up?download ie



Hi there;



Even though you have your comp in a stand by mode, memory is still being used by the background processes. After a period of time you will suffer memory loss. LoL not you literally but your comp. The clue that is a sure give-away in your explanation of symptoms is " usually have to cnt, alt, delete and bring me to task manager to undo the program and start over, which does work.."



You can do the following assuming you have a clean system



(One that is free of spyware, adware, hijackers, malware, virus and other nasties)



Upgrade your Physical RAM or



Increase your page file size so that you have more virtual RAM or



Close memory hogs using the Task manager prior to setting your comp into a stand by mode.



You do not state what OS you are running but should you be using WIN 2000 then you should know there are known issues about Stand By mode in Win2000. I strongly urge you to visit MS's troubling shooting web page for information about those issues. Evidently stand by mode is very buggy with that OS.



My internet explorer loads insanely slow, what can i do to speed it up?windows media player internet explorer



get firefox
i second the firefox answer.



try removing spyware too.



go to www.ccleaner.com and run that tool.



make sure all your service packs are up to date on the OS and the browser.
Add more ram to your computer or get a new one.
It's possible there's a virus or spyware, go here for help



http://forums.spywareinfo.com/



--
An internet connection can become slow or stop working due to a number of reasons depending on the type of the connection. Many of the problems can be solved by making software changes or small hardware corrections. Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yl62gz

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++