Friday, November 27, 2009

Runtime Errors with MSN Explorer?

I have always used MSN Explorer as my internet browser. Recently I have started getting 'runtime errors' messages everytime I try to open a new web page. The pages are always showing up but a pop-up widows stating there is a runtime error appears over top of it. It asks if I want to 'debug' or not. I have selected both yes and no. Sometimes I have to hit my selections many times before it goes away. I can always get to the page I want but this annoying message keeps appearing first.



I guess my questions are..



1. Why is it appearing?



2. Should I select yes or no for deugging?



3. Is the answer just to find a way to turn the messages off since I can still navigate the net freely?



Any help would be nice... and please answer as if i was a complete computer moron... complicated answers will just confuse me... lol.



Runtime Errors with MSN Explorer?windows server 2003



This happens when there are errors in the coding of the website. You can't do anything but turn off the error messages:



Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools at the top, click Internet Options.



In the window that comes up click on the Advanced tab at the top, and check BOTH of the boxes that say "Disable Script Debugging", and also check the box that says "Display a Notification about every script error".



Now click OK, and close Internet Explorer and reopen it. Try the site you got the error on and it should not give an error.



.



Runtime Errors with MSN Explorer?windows xp service internet explorer



I can't find anything relating to your problem in the Knowledge Base on Microsoft. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling and see it that helps but first I also suggest you ask this in a tech forum such as one of these:



http://www.computing.net



http://www.techguy.org



http://www.geekstogo.com



http://www.techmonkeys.co.uk



Forget about debugging as it seems to make no difference in this case. I think there is a way to turn of these error messages but it would mean turning off all error messages and that's not a good idea. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling MSN Explorer. If you don't know how to do this go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Then choose Add/Remove Windows Components. Under the list uncheck MSN Explorer and click Next. When all of this has finished repeat the steps but this time check MSN Explorer and click next(this time it may ask for a Windows disk I'm not sure). I hope these instructions weren't too complicated.
hi



well there might be some corruption in the software fr explorer if you can add the exact error message i can give you some troublesooting but just stating RUNTIME error might get us into a fix by doin something bad.....waiting for the extra info

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++