Friday, November 27, 2009

Internet Explorer windows problem?

I have a pc laptop, Xp windows. This just happened today so not sure what is causing it. I use Internet explorer, I think 6 maybe. When I open up a window then close it, it gives me this error message now, it will close it but have to answer if I want to send the error or cancel. Then if any form of pop up comes up (i have pop up blocker) I mean more like you can open your address book to add addresses or open a blue line link, if you close that extra window it closes everything, even the main window. I can not open my address book, check in the names then put insert or it closes all he windows. If I click a blue line, that opens a new window to the link, when I close it , it closes all of them. Anyone have this problem before and how to correct it?



I did install Norton virus scan but was a few weeks ago and this just started now.



thank you vickie



Internet Explorer windows problem?



You could be infected with SpyWare. Norton Anti Virus will NOT remove SPYWARE.



To remove Spyware download AD-Aware 2007 and Spy-Bot Search and Destroy 1.4. They are both FREE.



Try starting the PC in SAFE MODE - Press F8 right after you turn on the PC before windows loads. In the menu select "Safe Mode" and press enter. In Safe Mode no other drivers or programs are loaded. IF everything works ok in Safe mode then another program is causing your problems.



Click on Start - Run and type "MSCONFIG" when the config window opens go to the STARTUP tab and untick everything and restart the PC. IF all is well - go back to msconfig and turn them back on one at a time until you find the program causing the problem. Then uninstall it.



If in Safe Mode you are still having problems you should get a PC repair shop to look at it.



Internet Explorer windows problem?uninstall internet explorer internet explorer



Sounds like a compatability issue.



If you have one or more virus programs on your computer, Norton is notorious for this kind of behavior. Norton simply doesn't like or play well with others. Never has.



UnInstall any you have and start over and just use one.



Don
I don't know what your problem might be, but with my older operating system, I had a lot of problems caused by internet explorer. Since I've gone out to the Mozilla Firefox site and downloaded their Firefox browser, I've cut the "mystery" problems down by about 90%
Err... I just had to cringe when I saw your question Vickie. My advise would be use firefox browser. Free, spyware free, quick, smooth, and you can import all your IE stuff into it. Get that at www.getfirefox.com. Browser rocks! I quit using IE yrs ago. Now, the Norton. I HATE Norton and McAfee! They are CRAP and they will destroy your system. Try AVG for free! WAY better than that crap. You can get it at free.grisoft.com. Girl, you will be so much happier! :) Hope this helps you. Later!



Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++